Apply now via LinkedIn
Job description: DigitalEditor, Tempus Magazine
Based: Hybrid working with office in Mayfair, London
Please apply via LinkedIn here or send CV and cover letter to Michelle Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org
London’s premier luxury lifestyle title Tempus Magazine is recruiting a Digital Editor to oversee all digital outreach, including daily luxury news website, www.tempusmagazine.co.uk and brand social media.
Working closely with Tempus’ Editor in Chief, this is a challenging and creative high-level role for an expert journalist or editor with a sharp eye for content, passion for data and creative approach to building outreach. You will work within the core team of a multi-award nominated publication that is preparing for rapid growth in 2023.
Having celebrated its 10th birthday in2022, Tempus is published by Vantage Media Group, a boutique publishing and design agency established in 2019. In addition to publishing our flagship title Tempus, we produce exciting media solutions for clients in the luxury, fintech and start-up spheres.
• To build on recent success and continue to drive organic traffic across platforms
• To engage our digital audiences of HNW/AB readers by offering unique insight and aspirational features
• To become the UK’s most exciting luxury lifestyle news website by producing world-class and exclusive content
• To support and promote the Tempus brand and widerVantage team
• Editing and creating content forwww.tempusmagazine.co.uk and developing content strategies with a view to grow and engage unique users
• Managing freelancers, writer and interns as required
• Developing and implementing digital media strategies to promote the brand (print and digital). This will include SEO, social media and digital marketing strategies (including deploying marketing budget)
• Maintaining keyword research, identifying trends and insights that would impact content calendars and social media outreach
• Ensuring content is posted accurately and regularly across all platforms (including newsletters), and using the appropriate keywords, metadata, hashtags, etc
• Community management to drive increase in followers and engagement, including responding to comments with an awareness of company tone of voice
• Regular reporting and analytics for the company to track and support KPIs
• Working with the team to establish digital opportunities. Attending events for networking, content creation and story development
• Occasional opportunities to work with the wider publishing team via written features for publication, strategy building for clients, and more
The ideal candidate
• You have at least three years' experience in a digital media role and are able to demonstrate a proven ability to drive growth and engagement
• A detailed understanding and experience of major social media platforms, and the ability to stay up to date with new algorithms and how this impacts engagement
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and a collaborative approach to strategy and support
• Creative and detail-oriented with a keen sense of how digital media is growing and innovating
• Excellent writing skills, particularly in terms of writing for SEO
• Familiarity with graphics, photography and/or photoshop for content creation is preferred but not essential
• Experience in a luxury outlet is helpful but not essential
This role would particularly suit a self-motivated, driven and ambitious person with a love of media and technology. As a core member of a small-but-perfectly-formed team, you are keen to take ownership of and build your department. You are confident to act on your own initiative as well as lend support to your team, getting involved at different levels of the business as needed. You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment where tight deadlines and changing priorities are the norm.
• Competitive salary
• Private health care
• Gym membership benefits
• Other company-wide incentive schemes tbc